Have you ever uploaded a large image on WordPress only to find that your only options are to:
- Use Medium Size, which is too small for anything to be visible.
- Use Fill Size, which will insert full sized image but in turn break your layout.
This is a common headache with WordPress and can be avoided easily by setting image size in Media Settings.
Before you start, here are some things you should know:
- The image size that you want for medium images. 300-500 pixel is a good range.
- Maximum width of your content column. Usually, it is around 600 pixel. However, I recommend using a tool like Page Ruler to measure exact width.
Now that you have all the data handy, go to your WordPress dashboard and follow following steps:
- Go to Settings. Do not click, just hover your mouse over it.
- Click “Media Settings”.
- Enter the width in Medium and Large sizes. You can make height same or a bit larger since images can be a bit longer.
- Click “Save Changes”
That’s it. You will never have to deal with those pesky sizes again.
If you have some other problem with WordPress, let us know. 🙂